Across the world, black teas from Darjeeling, Assam, and the Nilgiris are popular picks. But the given the choices, it is easy to get confused. However, refer to the guidelines below to know how to choose and buy black tea online or from you local tea store.
- Ensure the dry leaves do not have any moisture or off-notes.
- Long, well-rolled and tippy tea leaves are considered to be of a superior quality.
- Look for strength and brightness in infusion.
- If you prefer a light black tea, opt for the ones made in spring and autumn. If you prefer a strong black tea, check out summer black teas of Assam and Darjeeling.
- If you prefer to drink your black tea with milk, opt for an orthodox Assam black tea or a CTC grade tea.
- Black teas with silvery/golden tips are of a superior quality.